National Philanthropy Day Conference
Wednesday, November 13
Jumer’s Casino & Hotel
777 Jumer Drive, Rock Island, IL
8 a.m. to 4 pm. Conference
12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Awards Luncheon (*Only want to attend the luncheon? Purchase tickets here.)
Early Bird Registration - Ends October 30th
Lunch is included with the conference fee.
Member: $90 / after October 30th $110
Non-Member: $110 / after October 30th $150
Penelope Burk, President, Cygnus Applied Research, Inc.
Penelope Burk understands donors and what they want more deeply than just about anyone in the business. In the last fifteen years, she and her innovative firm, Cygnus Applied Research, Inc., have conducted surveys and research studies with more than a quarter million American donors. She has reached back into their lives to find out about the first time they gave, what motivates their philanthropy now, what their greatest and most frustrating experiences in giving are, and what their dreams are for their philanthropic future.
Penelope’s contributions to the fundraising industry can be best summed up as a long list of “firsts”:
- She was the first fundraising author to back up her ideas and solutions with evidence from donors
- The first to bring the problem of Donor Attrition to the attention of the fundraising industry, pointing out how much money not-for-profits were losing by failing to hold onto their donors
- The first to offer an evidence-based formula for keeping donors giving longer and inspiring them to make more generous contributions
- The first to document what leadership volunteers do best and how they can raise more money for their organizations by saying thank you the donor-centered way
- The first to document the real impact of the high rate of turnover among professional fundraisers and the first to bring innovative solutions to the table to keep fundraisers loyal, raising more money, and still leaving the office at 5 o’clock!
Penelope is the author of the fundraising classic, Donor-Centered Fundraising and she has just published a completely updated and substantially expanded second edition containing all-new research with donors. She has also written two other books as well as more than fifty seminars and dramatic plays.
This is your last chance to see Penelope Burk in the Quad Cities! She will soon be stepping away from personal appearances, so come learn directly from her while you can!
8:00 a.m. Registration, light refreshments served
8:15 a.m. Welcome and Announcements
8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Morning Session
Noon - 1:30 p.m. Awards Luncheon
During this luncheon celebration, numerous awards will be given to honor those that are making a difference through philanthropy. Learn more here to nominate someone for National Philanthropy Day.
1:30 – 4:00 p.m. Afternoon session
4:00 p.m. Networking and Cocktails